Germinated cereal grains are widely used in natural nutrition as a source of the most essential vitamins and trace elements, including such important as the B-group vitamins, E vitamin, zinc, magnesium and many others. It is believed that the growing grains contain more life energy, which is transmitted to person who uses grains for food.
Germinated grain is the new discovery in medicine! It cures even gastritis!
1. Grain for germination can be bought in the departments of healthy or natural food (or departments “for diabetics”) of common supermarkets. It is possible to look for it in the Internet healthy food stores. In recent years not only wheat, but oats, flax, rye and other cereals for germination have appeared. These are the best variants. If you still have to buy grains in the farmers market, it is necessary to buy from the sellers you trust and you’d better wash such grains out in water with weak manganese crystals solution. The grains should be bright, homogeneous, with a good smell.
- For germination I usually take half a glass of grain and several times thoroughly wash the grain in a large glass. You may use a saucepan, a bowl, etc. All grains that come up and the garbage and husk with them we throw away. In this case I have very clean grains, almost nothing has emerged.
- The remaining grain in the same glass I soak for 10-12 hours, the time depends on a season: in winter more time is needed, in summer less. If summer is too hot, you can soak and germinate grain in the refrigerator. We don’t close the glass, so that our grains won’t “turn sour”.
- Then we wash the grain under running water. Actually, it is time for the “germination” itself.
- We put our grain into a deep plate.
- And cover its top with a napkin or with a double layer of gauze.
- Pour some more water so that it completely covered the grain and leave the seeds to germinate.
- Every 10-12 hours we wash out the grain, and at the same time we keep an eye at its readiness. These are the grains called “hatched” or “awakened” and they can already be eaten. However, it is better to give it more time so that the grain would become softer.
- Such germinated grain (as on picture) we are quite satisfied with, it is believed to be more wholesome.
- We again wash out the grain and can eat it. The norm is 3-4 tablespoons of germinated seeds per day. The grain can be put into soup, salads, and porridge. But it is important to chew the grain well, that’s why I recommend eating it separately chewing up to a state of pulp. We put the rest of the grain into a jar with a lid and keep it in the fridge for no longer than two days.